My Blog List

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Love of Reading

Like most females, my love for reading began when I started reading romance novels in middle school. You know ladies, those innocent romance books you hide from your parents because it involves a girl and a boy. It all started when my best friend, for the first time went to the library. The next day, she came to school with some books. She got some for me and some for her too. The books were about teenage love and romance very innocent and juvenile.

When I came to this country, I kept reading them but in English. When I got in high school, I don't remember in which class but the teach had us read this essay by Maya Angelou Clothes. Reading it than did not mean much to me but it made to want to more about Maya Angelou. So, I went to the library and read all of her books. So, this week, my blog is going to be about the writing style. She is the African American book that I've read.

No comments:

Post a Comment